GEICO is the title sponsor of the Park Visitor Welcome Maps and RV Guides. The maps are comprehensive guides to the entire state park system, and feature tips for what to see and do. GSG created GEICO Road Trips ad for each map that allow GEICO to integrate into the content to appeal to park visitors. Every GEICO Road Trip ad includes driving tips and valuable insurance information.
As part of the campaign, 20% of the proceeds from the Park Visitor Welcome Maps are donated back to parks through the “20% for Parks” program.
GSG also connects GEICO with RVers and Motorcyclists through a series of RV Guide and a “Rides Guide”, which is handed to the 100,000 visitors of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
- Connect GEICO to outdoor lovers and RV/Motorcycle target audience
- Differentiate GEICO by supporting State Parks
- Over 10 million Park Visitor Welcome Maps distributed ‘hat to hand’ by rangers to park visitors
- Targeted RV audience reached through 800,000 RV Guides per year
GSG designed a multi-year program for Coca-Cola to support the preservation of parks by encouraging customers to donate $1 to California State Parks at Stater Bros Markets. Coca-Cola also committed $1 for every $10 of Coca-Cola products purchased. Donations supported environmental causes including planting 1 million trees, and preserving beaches. The program generated over $2.5M in donations to California State Parks, and well over 800 million earned media impressions.
- Create a 6-week cause-marketing promotion at Stater Bros. Markets in Southern California that galvanizes shoppers and employees to support local parks
- Drive incremental Coca-Cola retail displays and product sell through
- Achieve brand lift and positive Public Relations impressions
- Engage employees and key account on a meaningful cause-program that supports the local community
- Engage with consumers in a meaningful way – in store, online, and in-park
- Nearly $2.5M raised over 4 years to support California State Parks, approximately 50% donated from Coca-Cola ($1 for every $10 purchase), and 50% directly donated from shoppers at cash register
- Stater Bros and Coca-Cola Employee Earth Day Volunteer Event was the largest in California State Parks history
- Signiﬁcant increase in all sales metrics: dollar volume lift, unit volume lift, and share of market lift for Stater Bros. during promotional period
- Over 800 million impressions of earned media in support of the program worth $2.5 million in media value
- 217% ROI