GSG is the largest park marketing agency in the U.S.
GSG has been working with local, state and federal park entities to form public-private partnerships since 2003. We create programs that allow brands to reach active lifestyle and environmentally focused consumers at “the point of play” in parks. Programs may include sampling, product placement, signage, print, and events. See some great examples here: Coca-Cola Preserve Our Parks, Odwalla Plant a Tree, Canon, GEICO, and The North Face.
All programs help parks to reduce costs, and increase revenue and visibility. In turn, Brands get to reach their target audience in a unique and effective way within a very uncluttered advertising environment where brand-messaging gets noticed and remembered. Several of GSG’s Park programs have won awards including the prestigious Harvard University Bright Ideas Award (Coca Cola), and Outdoor Retailer Best Cause Marketing award (The North Face). Our network of park-partners accounts for over 65% of all park visitation in the United States, and includes the Chicago Park District and the City of San Diego Parks.
GSG is also a founding partner of America’s State Parks – a 501(c)3 created to benefit state parks. Shari Boyer, our CEO is a frequent attendee and speaker at the annual National Association of State Park Directors conference.
Throughout its history, GSG has:
- Produced and donated nearly 50 million park guides for 17 States
- Created programs that planted 1.6 million trees in parks across the country
- Facilitated over 12,000 volunteer hours which accounts of over $120,000 in saved labor costs for parks
- Contributed to recycling programs in 5 States
- Created a program for a corporate client that brought 1,600 under-privileged children to parks for their first park visit, and distributed free park passes to over 120,000 Americans
- Created in-park sampling programs that have resulted in delivery of over 5 million healthy snacks to park visitors
In total, GSG has delivered over $12 million dollars in cash and in-kind products & services to parks across the country!