Feb 13 ,2015
Let’s face it, chocolate is
a girl’s everyone’s best friend. So we’re bringing you 5 mouthwatering chocolate inspired recipes from our friends at Nestlé.
Your sweetheart (and tooth) will thank you!
Imagine having breakfast in bed with these Cocoa-Kissed Red Velvet Pancakes.
Or spice things up with Spicy Chocolate Fondue.
Kick off your home cooked Valentine’s Day dinner with Fragrant Seafood Soup with Chocolate Broth by Chef Richard Sandoval.
Prepare to ask for seconds with Chef Richard Sandoval’s savory Chocolate Adobo Rubbed Pork Chops.
And top off the night by toasting your After Midnight Javatini with your loved one.
Cocoa-Kissed Red Velvet Pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup reduced-fat buttermilk or lowfat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- Heart-shaped pancake cutters or cookie cutters (optional)
- Optional garnishes: butter, powdered sugar, maple syrup and fresh berries
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl; stir well.
2. Whisk egg, buttermilk, butter, vanilla extract and food coloring together in large bowl. Add to flour mixture; stir to combine. Allow mixture to sit for 5 minutes (this produces more tender pancakes).
3. Heat nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Brush with a little oil or butter. Add about ¼ cup batter to skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles start to form on top. Flip and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Serve immediately with butter, powdered sugar, syrup and berries.
Cook’s Tip: If using pancake or cookie cutters, be sure to coat with a little oil so the pancakes don’t stick. Place cutters in skillet and pour batter into cutters. Remove cutters before flipping.
- 1 can Evaporated Milk
- 7 oz. Nestlé dessert chocolate (broken into small pieces)
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
- Assortment of Fruit
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablet
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce from a can, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups diced, peeled potatoes
- 12 prawns or medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 whole clams or 1/4 cup canned whole baby clams
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup frozen yellow corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, tomato, carrot, cilantro, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and bay leaf; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add wine; stir to loosen up brown bits from bottom of pan. Add bouillon, chile, tomato paste, ketchup and cumin; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 40 to 45 minutes, reducing mixture by 25%.
2. Transfer mixture to blender (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Strain mixture back into the pot; continue cooking over low heat. Add potatoes; cover. Cook for an additional 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Increase heat to medium; add prawns, clams, evaporated milk, peas, corn and Abuelita chocolate. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve garnished with additional cilantro, if desired.
Chocolate Adobo Rubbed Pork Chops
CHOCOLATE ABUELITA DEMI-GLACE
- 2 tablespoons grated piloncillo (or brown sugar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
CHOCOLATE ABUELITA ADOBO RUB
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
FOR CHOCOLATE ABUELITA DEMI-GLACE:
1. Heat oil in medium pot over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chile; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Add piloncillo; cook for 3 minutes or until slightly caramelized. Add vinegar; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 to 15 minutes or until reduced by half.
2. Add beef stock, Abuelita chocolate and bouillon. Increase heat to high; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 35 to 45 minutes or until reduced by half.
FOR CHOCOLATE ABUELITA ADOBO RUB:
1. Combine Abuelita chocolate, espresso powder, paprika and bouillon in medium bowl. Store in an airtight container or keep in the freezer in a sealable plastic bag.
2. Season pork chops aggressively with adobo rub; rub lightly with oil. Preheat a gas or charcoal grill (a grill pan can be used as well) to high heat; place the chops on the grill. Grill for 5 to 7 minutes (depending on the size), turning occasionally to ensure that they do not burn. Place chops on plate; ladle 2 tablespoons glace over each pork chop.
After Midnight Javatini
- Ice cubes
- 1/4 cup espresso
- 2 tablespoons any flavor NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE Liquid Coffee Creamer
2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 tablespoon coffee liqueur (optional)
1. Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add espresso, Coffee-mate, vodka and liqueur; cover. Shake for 10 to 15 seconds. Strain into chilled martini glass.
Cook’s Tip: Try garnishing the rim of the martini glass with grated chocolate. Coat the rim with honey, then dip in grated chocolate.